Downloading .Zip files on Android
Here’s how to download straight to your Android phone:
- Download the .zip file
- Unzip the file to your Music folder
- Rescan your Music folder
- Open the music app and listen
If this doesn’t work for you out of the box, check out the next section and then try these steps again.
Install an Unzipping app on Android
If you don’t have an app installed that can handle .zip files, your phone may not complete the download at all.
Downloading .Zip files on iOS
The best option is to download to a computer and then add the files to your phone’s iTunes app but here is how you can try to download straight to your phone. There may be other options for this but the one that we recently tested uses the app Documents by Readdle:
- Install Documents by Readdle
- Click download link containing .zip file
- When it’s done, a page with a big zip file icon should appear. Click the “More..” button at the bottom. View Screenshot
- Click the button that says “Copy to Documents”. You may need to scroll over to the right to find that icon. View Screenshot
- Wait for it–the Documents app should open when it has copied. In there you will find the zip file which can be unzipped and you can play the individual files from there.